Highlights of the program features are listed below. Click, the "Details" button for additional information on the benefits, including exclusions and limitations. Click here to download the pdf brochure.
This benefit provides up to $10,000, less a $100 deductible per Injury, for expenses resulting from an Injury due to an Accident, to the extent that the expenses are not covered under certain existing insurance that a member may have. Whether at work or at play, members can use this benefit for expenses that may include: emergency ambulance service, hospital, doctors' treatment, x-ray and lab, drugs, nursing care, physical therapy, and more.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Pays the beneficiary up to $10,000 for the member's death or loss of certain body parts, or loss of sight, speech or hearing, in a covered accident.
This insurance benefit is underwritten by Guarantee Trust Life Insurance company, an IL domiciled life insurance company with main offices located at 1275 Milwaukee Ave, Glenview, IL 60025. Licensed in all states except NY. Not available in AK, MA, MD, ME, MN, MT, NH, NY, SD and UT.
Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company (GTL) provides the Accident Medical Coverage and the Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage. GTL does not provide nor is it affiliated with any of the other programs provided as a part of the membership in USA+. The association membership fee you will be charged includes insurance premiums of $18.10 Individual/$45.25 Family which are paid to GTL.
The Policy does not provide benefits for:
• Treatment, services or supplies which:
• Are not Medically Necessary;
• Are not prescribed by a Doctor as necessary to treat an Injury;
• Are determined to be Experimental/Investigational in nature;
• Are received without charge or legal obligation to pay;
• Are received from persons employed or retained by any Family Member, unless otherwise specified; or
• Are not specifically listed as Covered Charges in the Policy.
• Injury by acts of war, whether declared or not.
• Injury received while traveling or flying by air, except as a fare-paying passenger and not as a pilot or crew member, on a regularly scheduled commercial airline.
• Injury covered by Worker’s Compensation, Employer Liability law or Occupational Disease
Act or Law.
• Dental treatment, except as specifically stated.
• Injury sustained while committing or attempting to commit a felony.
• Prescription Drugs except as specifically stated.
• Suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane.
• Intentionally self-inflicted Injury.
• Loss resulting from being legally intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol as defined by the laws of the state or jurisdiction in which the Injury occurs.
• Loss resulting from being under the influence of any drugs or narcotic unless administered on the advice of a Doctor.
• Injury sustained while participating in or practicing for any professional, intercollegiate or club sports activity, except as specifically provided.
• Injury which occurs while a Covered Person is on active duty service in any armed forces. Reserve or National Guard active duty for training is not excluded unless it extends beyond
• Injury sustained flying in an ultra light, hang gliding, parachuting or bungee-cord jumping, by flight in a space craft or any craft designed for navigation above or beyond the earth’s atmosphere.
• Injury sustained while driving or riding on vehicles for off-road use including but not limited to all-terrain vehicles (ATV’s).
• Injury sustained where a Covered Person is the operator and does not possess a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license, except in a Driver’s Education Program.
• Treatment in any Veteran’s Administration or federal Hospital, except if there is a legal obligation to pay;
• Cosmetic surgery, except for reconstructive surgery on an injured part of the body.
• Covered Charges incurred outside of the United States or its possessions
• Competing in motor sports races or competitions;
• Competing in water sports races or competitions;
• Testing cars/trucks on any racetrack or speedway;
• Handling, storing or transporting explosives;
• Scaling up cliffs or mountain walls;
• Spelunking (exploring caves);
• Handling or working with dangerous animals.
• Injury sustained while water skiing or surfboarding;
• Injury sustained while snow skiing or snowboarding;
• Injury sustained while roller blading or skateboarding;
• Injury sustained while participating in a rodeo.
• Repetitive motion injuries, strains, hernia, tendonitis, bursitis and heat exhaustion not related to a specific Injury.
The following services are available if the Participant suffers an injury or a sudden and unexpected illness, when you are 100 or more miles away from home.
How to Use Your Benefit:
To schedule service, call 877-441-6656 and a representative will assist you.
Exclusions and Limitation
You and your doctor have access to the medical guidance of over 50,000 of the leading medical specialists in over 400 subspecialties of medicine. This benefit provides you with the following services:
InterConsultation™- a high level second opinion, to confirm diagnosis and treatment.
FindBestDoc™- assistance in locating doctors in your area that have been identified as ‘best’ by their peers to treat specific medical conditions.
FindBestCare® - arranging access to hospitals and treatment.
BEST DOCTORS, INFORMATION WHEN IT MATTERS MOST, the Best Doctors logo, FINDBESTDOC, INTERCONSULTATION, and FINDBESTCARE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Best Doctors, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries and are used under license.
Best Doctors Answers Your Questions in Three Ways:
• They’ll pinpoint the problem. Experts will assist your doctor to determine the right next steps.
• They’ll find the right physician. They’ll identify the right specialist or family doctor for you.
• They’ll be there the whole way.
A personal advocate will guide you through the process.
Simply call 1-866-904-0910 and a Best Doctors Personal Advocate will Help you receive the information needed to get the right treatment the first time.
In the event that an eligible member suffers from a “certified injury” that requires emergency medical transportation by helicopter in accordance with EMS protocols, the program will reimburse the participant up to a maximum of $7,000.00 per occurrence. Reimbursement includes expenses incurred from the cost of “Medically Necessary” or “Life Threatening” helicopter transportation from the scene of an accident to the nearest medical facility capable of treating the injuries or from one medical facility to another medical facility. Claims for “Medically Necessary” transports from one medical facility to another medical facility are subject to review by Lifeguard’s Medical Officer.
• One benefit will be paid per occurrence.
• Benefit in excess of all other valid collectable insurance.
• Coverage is worldwide.
• Transportation by helicopter only.
This benefit is provided to USA+ members by Lifeguard Emergency Travel, Inc. Certain terms and conditions apply and benefits are subject to the Exclusions and Limitations. See your membership Handbook for the details.
Not available to Iowa residents.
Membership in USA+ is NOT insurance nor is it meant to represent an insurance contract. Some of the benefits available to our members are NOT Insurance. This is an Association Membership offered and administered by United Service Association For Health Care. As added membership benefits, all active members are automatically covered under certain group insurance policies purchased by USA+. The benefits are underwritten by A.M. Best rated insurance companies and subject to the exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions of coverage as set forth in the insurance certificate provided in your membership materials and the Policy issued to USA+. Please contact USA+ for state availability. Not available in all states.
You have 30 days (or such longer period as may be required by state law) to review and evaluate the USA+ membership. If you wish to cancel your membership and receive a full refund, you may do so by submitting a written request to USA+ at the address listed below.
(800) 872-1187 and firstname.lastname@example.org